Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Baby Shoes and Sisters

Just recently my sister and her husband blessed their baby girl.  In my religion The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints we bless infants in a church meeting a month or more after they are born.  Often times the babies father will bless them, or a grandfather or relative, or possibly a Bishop or other leader.  My little nieced was blessed by her daddy.

Often times for the blessing baby girls wear white or off white/ivory blessing dresses.  (Similar to christening dresses.) 

My sister found the most GORGEOUS blessing dress, seriously it is the kind of little dress dreams are made of.   


It was simply beautiful.


Here is a little close up of the pretty lace that was over the skirt.  It was beaded and lacy and had a layer of satin underneath.

My mom and I ended up both working on a pair of shoes to match.  
Can I just say that baby shoes are some of the cutest things every to be invented.  Oh good!  Because they are.



My sister took these great pictures of the dress and the shoes and shared them with me. She also took a few photos of her baby in the dress, unfortunately the other pictures didn't work out like she had hoped so she is going to retake them.





Not only did I get to help make the baby shoes, I made a skirt for my sister to wear to the blessing.

Originally I had lace that was supposed to be made into a dress for her birthday last year, however she ended up finding out she was expecting before we started, so it didn't end up happening.

She mentioned she'd like something new to wear to the blessing. So we ended up making a coral pink pencil skirt.

I drafted it for her, and I purposely drafted the skirt waist 2 inches smaller than I had measured.  

Exactly 9 days after measuring her and drafting the pattern I was really glad I took that waist in! 

The skirt was too big.  She must have lost up to 4 inches I think.  Seriously! 

I hid some elastic in the back waistband and she wore a wide belt over it.  We plan to take the waistband in later on when more time has passed.   

She has good taste I tell you.  She found a denim shirt and it looked cute with the coral.


Anyways, cute girls.  I am just so grateful to have a sister.  We didn't get along all the time when we were younger, but I'd say she is my best friend now and I am so lucky to have her.

As always thanks for reading and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment