Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Coral Floral

I have a few new makes.  I have been sewing a lot!  I tweaked the striped dress pattern for a perfect fit.  I used my computer program and my measurements to draft the striped version.  It worked well enough I can wear it, however there were a few fitting issues that bothered me so I made the changes to the pattern, and made another dress. 

I remade it into this coral floral fabric and used some flat bias for trim.


These pictures just don't do the fabric justice I feel.  I also used a matching coral bias as trim.  I also got rid of the waist seam, since you really don't need it for this pattern.

 

I haven't hemmed the dress, I also plan to take out the sleeves and fix them.  Those are the last two things before this dress is done!


My sister was over the day I took pics, and my nephew came outside to "help" me take pictures.  I had pins in the hem and had to fix a couple before taking the photos.  So of course he had to rearrange a couple of spots too.  It made me laugh.  He picks up everything!  Smart kid.


The pockets are one of my favorite things about this dress.  I just love having somewhere to put my hands!
 

This is a close up of the bias tape at the neckline.


The back with an invisible zipper, and the same bias trim in the princess seams.

Oh do I have the cutest idea for a casual summery white knit dress in my head.  It's also been so hot in my neck of the woods lately.  I just keep dreaming all these cool comfortable ideas in my head and am just itching to start them.  It's been so nice to have time off from school to start them!

Off to start a new project!  Have a lovely day!

No comments:

Post a Comment