Monday, November 24, 2014

Recent Projects

Last weekend I was in need of just sewing something for myself.

I couldn't get this blouse I had seen at Anthropologie out of my head.


I think I fell in love with it's pretty drapey floral print and cute rounded patch pockets at first sight.  

This blouse however was $78 and made of polyester.  I also wasn't crazy about how the dropped shoulder seams looked on the model online when I looked to see what it looked like on a real person.   

So I pulled out this Rayon that had excellent drape, and a fun print and made this blouse.  
 

It was an easy quick pattern to draft, I did finish the sides and sleeves in french seams.  The back is sewn at a regular 5/8ths inch and finished with hongkong seams.  The hem I ended up finishing the same width as the sleeves are in the photo.  The neckline is faced.  I will probably just use a bias binding for the neckline next time, the facing is pretty unruly when I wear it even after understitching.

I also opted to put only one cute rounded patch pocket.  I had to move it from where it is sitting in this pic.  The fabric snagged really easy so I just carefully unpicked the one, sewed it back on straight and called it good. 

I have been wearing a necklace with it instead of a scarf.  I also wear my jeans tucked into my tall brown riding boots.  Had I been able to find a cute modern floral print I would have used it instead, but I like the polka dots as a good substitute. 

It cured me of a bit of creative fever for the next week or so until I am able to finish assigned school patterning and make all the pretty things I want before starting back in January.  :)

What have you been making?  I'd love to hear!  Leave a comment and a link to a blog if you have one!

-Em

No comments:

Post a Comment