Tuesday, March 25, 2014

I am Obsessed with Stripes!

I have a little sneak peak of a project for you today!


I recently found this striped knit for $5yard.  I don't know what it is lately but I have been OBSESSED with stripes.  Ever since I made my striped dress I have been wanting more and more striped items.  

When I posted this picture I realized this fabric is almost the same as the striped dress I made.  I really think I am going to have to start stopping myself from buying anymore striped fabric.  As much as I love the clean look of grey and white stripes, I think it's time to start incorporating more variety to my summer closet.

I have started working at a fabric shop where we have an area I can sew while I am there during the day.  I have learned to not take anything that requires concentration.  So generally I don't take custom work, and I don't take anything I have to think too hard about.

This skirt was just the ticket.  I didn't even draft a pattern.  I just took inspiration from a simple skirt I repinned on pinterest.

It was quick and easy and I just need to hem it to the length I want and press out the pleats and I have a cute new summer skirt to wear!
  
Also I am excited to announce that I am now going to be teaching a beginning drafting class!  If you have always wondered how to draft up a skirt without a pattern I will be teaching a class on drafting a pencil skirt this coming April at a fabric shop in Salt Lake City, Utah.  The shop is "A Fashionable Stitch" and they sell all kinds of wonderful natural fiber apparel fabrics.  I am excited!

This also means I am going to have to cut back on my custom sewing.  I wish I had more time to do more custom work as it can be really fun!  However, sadly I will no longer be able to do custom work.  

*I do plan to still sew for anyone who has contacted me in the last little while.  However, I have really thought it over and I have come to the conclusion that custom sewing will have to be the thing I let go.  Between trying to come up with my own designs for myself (to start a fashion line), sewing for others, keeping up my blog, and now coming up with lesson plans and teaching sewing classes, I just need to let something go and I think it will have to be custom sewing.  Thanks for everyone who has asked me to sew up to this point though!

Any of my readers have any fun summer sewing projects going on?  I'd love to hear about all your projects!




No comments:

Post a Comment